Saturday, August 26, 2006

Today

Today we excitedly went to lunch, and I was sat between my husband and a lovely woman in her 70's. My position was between all of the groups of people. Smack dab in the middle. So, I heard conversations about daughters scoring positions with an investment firm (Even has a butt kickin' office. My congrats, truly,) about a two year old grandbaby and another one on the way any day, new homes being redone, and on and on and on. I however, stared at this....









I had nada to contribute. The only thing happening in my life centers around my reproductive organs...not exactly great conversation for mixed company. I have no job, just doctor's appointments...no children, just a pug...no home renovation going on, no major accomplishment to discuss (unless you count surviving an HSG, 2 pelvic ultrasounds, numerous blood draws, a CT scan, two MRIs, 3 and a half years of infertility, and on and on and on) Of course, I chalk those up as accomplishments, but you can't bring them up over lunch. I'm an intelligent and articulate woman, but I felt like such a loser today.

The day got better as the people began to dwindle, and we were left with those who were aware of the situation. We played games, laughed, and even drank a daquiri. It ended well, but I need to have some stand by conversations prepared for these situations. I'm learning to sew...have you been to such and such restaurant lately...the weather is always good...hmmmmm... I guess small talk hasn't been in abundance lately. I must practice.

Well, I'm off to take a sleeping pill and some Motrin. My back is aching, and now I am fully aware that my kicked back and oh so relaxed uterus is the cause...Will tomorrow be day one? We will see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home