Thursday, August 24, 2006

Just Another Day in Paradise

Yesterday was yet another trip to the doctor. They may start charing me rent! To spare the long story here's the gist:

1. slightly insulin resistant (could be pre diabetic, and something to watch for.)
2. borderline PCOS (Polycystic ovarian sydrome) It's not all that shocking after reading the symptoms. However, I'm only borderline, and don't currently have that diagnosis.
3. I am anovulatory. They can say with 100% guarantee that I did not ovulate this month. Kind of hard to make a baby without the egg now isn't it!

So, she said that she wanted to run the same tests as my RE. Good news, and they will both be there for the laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and a saline HSG (remember that the HSG was the one that hurt really bad!) Oh, and let's not forget the cycle day 3 blood work. Why is it when you want your cycle to start, it won't?

Ok, non fertility related...

After reading Jaime's blog, I am now dying to have a Starbucks. The good news, there is one not too far from home. The bad news, I promised myself Starbucks is reserved for days when I have doctor's appointments that will be painful or when I have to be brave. Today bummin' around the house cleaning, and then watching the neighbor's daughter for 45 min, then hanging around with mom doesn't fall under either of those categories.

Anybody know when the pumpkin spice latte is back? Doesn't is sound soooo yummy!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All three of your points ring true for PCOS. The fact that I'm insulin resistant is what twigged the PCOS diagnosis. I don't have an extreme case either but being on the meds have really helped even out my cycles.

Holding you in my heart Becks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home