Monday, August 07, 2006

Ouch

I had the HSG test done today. Both my mom and Justin were there for moral support and to keep each other company in the waiting room. I'll tell you what, there's nothing like some big intimidating machines and your butt hanging out of a hospital gown to make you feel like a little kid and scared as can be. However, I was a brave girl today and had my game face on. The table was cold, but not nearly as cold as the doctor's disposition.

It wasn't the cold speculum, rather the catheter and intense pressure of the dye running through my tubes. No major obstructions was all he had to say. Um, ok. That sounds good. So were there any minor ones? I didn't even have time to ask, because he was gone two seconds after he removed the speculum. I guess I will know when my doctor calls tomorrow. All he said during the proceedure was I had a large uturus (um, hope that's good) and a beatiful cervix (what's that supposed to mean?) Later the nurse, said it would have hurt more if I had a tipped cervix. Thank God that wasn't an issue. Afterwards, she gave me some towels and such to clean up with. Nasty. Not exactly a procedure I would care to repeat.

I felt my blood pressure drop after it was over, probably due to stress and all the meds I'm on to begin with. So, Mom and Justin took me to get some food. I felt much better after that. However, I would be a gonner without my Vicadin the doc gave me for my ear infection. Go figure. They told me no pool or monkeying around in that region for a week. So, here I am in my granny panties wearing as they tell you a pad (why would anybody choose to wear these?) feeling extremely sore, mellow from the drugs, and hopefull that that this procedure will bring us a step closer to having children.

My next test should be easier. My pelvic ultrasound is on the 15th, and I just have to drink 30 some odd ounces of water an hour before the test. My bladder is so tiny, that this should make for some fun. Either way, I'm glad we are finally making progress.

More later,
Becky

3 Comments:

At 2:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My uterus is tipped which is why my HSG was so damned uncomfortable I guess. Also, my tiny bladder makes for some large discomfort when it comes to ultrasounds. I dread them.

Hang in there!

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger x said...

I am glad that the HSG wasn't too painful. They usually aren't too bad. I hate having to go in with a full bladder, I am always worried I'll pee all over the table. Hopefully your through with the testing soon.

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Ahh! I remember that one! No fun at all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home