Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Down and Out


Wow, does six am come very very early!!! Well, we drove this morning for my date with the vampire (aka the nurse who steals my blood.) I'm not big on needles, but as of late they aren't so bad anymore. Since this was a fasting blood test, I brought some crackers with me so I could eat afterwards. No big deal. I sat in the chair feeling confident and ready for it this time. The vampire began removing viles for the blood...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8 of them in all!

Big sigh...No big deal. It's only a small needle.

Viles one through four were fine. Vampire and I discussed the new bagel place (Bruegger's), which is great because I love them! Vile 5, I began feeling a bit tired. Vile six, I began to sweat. By vile 7, I was warning the nurse that I wasn't feeling so well. She quickly squeezed in vile eight, just as I said, "I want my mom."

Three minutes later...

I wake up to three very perky vampires and a trying not to smile mom. "You ok?" they all asked. Oh, yes, I did pass out this morning. I eat breakfast every morning the instant I get up. I always have. If I don't it is quite the miserable experience. I get cranky, moody, naseaus, and extremely hungry. So, a fasting blood test is not so fun. I don't think my mom or myself was all that shocked. C'mon eight viles! They are checking everything from my estradiol level to an HIV test.

Well, now I am happy to be relaxing on the couch. There will be no more poking or prodding until Friday. Amen.

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Eww..I was getting queasy reading that and almost passed out myself.

I'm not a fan of needles either.

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Barely Sane said...

Yikes - you passed out?! I bet you're glad THAT is over with!

Enjoy your "prodding" free time. It seems it's a rare occurance in the world of IF.

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

8 freaking viles?? I've never had that many. Needles don't bother me but 8 viles might have.

As you were talking about bagels I suddenly really wanted one. But not just any old one. It has to be one from Zally's back home. (Which is about a 7 hour drive.) How's that for an unattainable craving?

 
At 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no not perky vampires they are the worst kind, sorry you the horrible fainting result, and hoping your bloods come back with stella results.

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger StellaNova said...

That sounds just awful! I've never had that much taken before. Enjoy your couch time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home